Tuesday, November 16, 2010

From Gray to Rosy Red

I have the house to myself today.  I like days like that, do you?  Sometimes we just need to have some alone time and today is one of those days for me.  Time to think, work quietly, relax, rejuvenate...
This morning, my husband tells me that I look pink (my pajamas are pink).  He asks, "Do you feel pink?"
I answer "no."
"Do you feel blue?"
I don't answer....I am trying to figure out what color I feel.
I think I feel gray.  Yeah, gray is probably a good description.  It's a gray day outside today and I'm feeling it.  But, something catches my eye and turns that gray a bit rosy.
 
 
Last week our youngest daughter came home to celebrate her 23rd birthday and she brought ME a rose!
The sight of that rose and the thought of her kind gesture definitely put a rosy hue in my heart on this gray day!
 
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Pretty rose nice gift. Trish

trish said...

Good Morning Miss Rosey Red! :o)
I have been thinking about you so much lately and wanted to drop in and say hello!! :o)
I too like quiet days to myself.
I am home schooling again and love it. So it is mainly me and Nathan during the day. :o)
That is so sweet of your daughter to bring you a rose. :o) Very thoughtful!
I have to tell you - I love the picture from your last post!! :o) And I was going to post about home schooling and use the title "back in the saddle" and had to laugh when I saw you used it first! :o) Oy vey! :o)

Have a lovely day and enjoy your special quiet time.

Sincerely,
"Tricia Anne" ;o)

Shay said...

I love being on my own at home. It hasnt hapened much for the last year or so , but with Little P and Miss P finally settled at their own place , I'm crossing my fingers for a few more ME days.

Your daughter is so sweet and thoughful and the rose is perfect. I hope she enjoyed her birthday.

Pokey said...

May you find many more things to bring you joy today, Jenn!

Related Posts with Thumbnails