Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Full Plate

Boy, is my plate full lately!

First of all, it seems all the young people that grew up with my kids are getting married or having babies right about now...all but my kids!

So, I'm helping with a few of the incidentals needed to get the clothing together for one of the weddings....Making sashes and handkerchiefs for the attendants and steaming the bride's dress


Making gifts for the bridal shower


Trying to make a dress for myself to wear - wonder if I can lose about 10 pounds by Saturday!!!


In addition, I'm constantly trying to keep making inventory for my online quillow shop because it seems I sell something every few days - yesterday I sent 3 quillows to Canada! The Lord definitely provides when I need it!


In addition to that, I've taken on quilt repair and have 4 antique quilts on my list of things to do. Despite the musty smell, it's amazing to hold this kind of history in your hands...a couple of these quilts were made by my customer's great great grandmother! It's actually very soothing working on quilt repairs - at least for me it is. Just put in an old movie, sit down at my sewing room table and sew!


In the midst of her digging thru some of the things in her family's estate she discovered this antique quilting rack her great aunt used up in Indiana - I think she said early 1900s...I can't remember - they are old, though, and the cross pieces are gone - but she GAVE them to me! Wow! Again - history in my hands! I was definitely honored by her generosity!

There's also 2 internet quilt-alongs going on right now and I really want to participate, but can't justify spending "time for myself" amid all these other tasks...sigh....maybe on the weekends?


Oh, I forgot to mention that we're heading back up to my mother's house in Clinton, SC to help with more home repairs. She just recently bought a "fixer upper" and my husband, who is such a fabulous renovator and fixer of things, is knocking himself out helping her - of which I am totally delighted and massively thankful! He is so wonderful - my mom thinks so, too! :) This trip we'll get to meet up with Uncle Hank as he'll be there pitching in with his ceramic tile skills. He lives in Orlando and we don't get to see him too often, but he is a lot of fun and I do miss him! It will only be a day trip but I'm looking forward to dinner together after a day's work with my family!

So, I'm off to tackle that list now and attempt to "clean my plate" - so perhaps I can raid my stash for the quilt-alongs!

>^..^<~
Jenn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails