Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday.....at LAST!!!!

Two wonderful things are happening right now.....

1. The work week is over
2. It's WARM outside!!!!

So warm, that I hung our sheets out to dry instead of running them thru the dryer!  Oh, how wonderful they will feel and smell tonight!!  It will be Springtime in my bed!!!  It's 63° out and the sky is a beautiful clear blue!!!  I think this brush of warm and sunny weather calls for a cookout tonight - perhaps some grilled chicken wraps ~ YUM!

Saturday morning almost always starts with a breakfast date with my “boyfriend” and then grocery shopping. After we got back home, Bill decided to head to the jobsite to do a bit more work – mostly clean up and prep for Monday’s decking job, so I thought it’d be my chance to get back into some sewing.


Unfortunately, it’s already after 4 PM and I have yet to even turn the light on in my sewing room!  But that's OK...partly because I don't even know what I want to work on right now!!  Instead I’ve been enjoying some quality time with my daughters. First of all, I reigned them in to help me re-arrange the living room furniture because it just wasn’t working for me.

After that, we made fresh guacamole and munched on chips and salsa while we watched some of the Olympics. Then, my youngest daughter and I took a short walk down to the jobsite so she could see what’s new there (she came home for the day as she lives about an hour north of us).   As we were coming back home I noticed that my little row of onions I planted last year was coming back up!!

I planted them too late last year and didn't get any onions, but this year it looks like I might actually have a harvest!

So, in addition to those fun little things, it’s been a casual Saturday so far – a bit of laundry, a bit of house cleaning, and lots of sitting in front of the computer!
I did get a package yesterday from my favorite fabric store – Fabric.com.

These were on clearance and I thought they’d look great combined with white to make a nice citrus-y looking quilt or quillow, doncha think? I don’t have a specific pattern in mind yet, so if you’ve got any suggestions, I’d love to see/hear them!

If I did any “fun sewing” at all this week it was to finish up these cute little origami pouches.

I had them all sewn but needed to find some matching ribbon for a few of them, in addition to some sort of bead to put at the ends of the ribbon.

They were really fun and easy to make and you can pretty much make them any size you like, it just takes two coordinating squares of fabric! You can find the tutorial here.  They're perfect for gift-giving or stashing memoriabilia.  I made one for my youngest daughter and sent it to her in her Valentine's care package...she said she used it as a mini pocketbook when she went to church last Sunday.

So, it's been a nice day in Bonetown, even though I haven't had the chance to sew....yet!!  :o)
 

3 comments:

a little bit of everything said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished! The bags are cute!

Love Of Quilts said...

Its been some years since I've hung sheets out to dry.They will smell so good.Sounds like you had a great day.

Khris said...

cute,cute little bags...hugs Khris

Related Posts with Thumbnails