Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Anxiety

As much as I love sewing and quilting, I'm truly dreading this project. I made this quillow and posted it for sale on my website.

Within a week, I received an order for it and had to do a doubletake....there was a "3" beside it. Naturally, I had to email the customer to make sure this wasn't an error.

Nope....she wanted 3.

Well, I wasn't sure I had enough of all those fabrics to make 2 more and suggested that if I didn't, would she be interested in the other two being of different fabrics and such.

No, she didn't mind.

So, I was off to raid my closet and see what I had left. Most of the fabrics were there but a couple would have to be substituted with a different print, but same color. I emailed this information back to her along with some other color combinations that would match her living room. I was surprised when she wrote back that she wanted 3 new ones all in the same color scheme of one of the combinations I put together.



So, I basically just created more work for myself! Unfortunately, I know I'm going to be sick of this pattern before this is over, and these are hand quilted on top of that! Sheesh! Don't get me wrong, I am truly thankful for the order, I just hope I can hold out! It also means less sewing of "fun" things...things that I want to make.

We're also preparing for a lineup of 3 craft shows back-to-back starting this coming Saturday so I've got that to get ready for, too. Needless to say, I probably shouldn't be blogging right now!

I did want to post my progress on amanda jean's quilt along. I'm only doing 56 blocks as I want this to be a throw quilt for my computer room/guest room.

I also got my I Spy blocks cut and mailed off to Karen at Sew Many Ways.

Next, I'll try to squeeze in my blocks for the red and aqua D9PS after my fabric order arrives. I picked up some fabrics at quilt shops but had to order a couple that had both red and aqua in them as most I found only had one or the other.

The hubby just came in for a quick kiss and stated that he's headed off to the "dungeon" (he's been doing some drafting in the basement for a house we're getting ready to build for his cousin).

I guess I'm headed to my "dungeon", too, only I have windows!!

Most importantly, I ran across this Bible verse in my devotions this morning and I couldn't help but be amazed and reminded that God knows what we need all the time and this is what I needed to be reminded of:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


~Philippians 4:6-7 NASB

>^..^<~
Jenn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails