Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful...

I have a great husband!  Plain and simple, he's just perfect for me!  Granted, we've had a lot of ups and downs in the 16+ years we've been married, but I think all that is necessary in order to fully appreciate a good great relationship.  I won't go into details as to why I think he's so perfect for me and list all the things we've been thru, both good and bad, I'll just tell you what he did for me today.


He brought me tea.
Yes, just a simple cup of green tea.  The gesture was sweetened because he brought it in my little corelleware teacup, with a spoon and a saucer, delivered directly to my sewing room where I was furiously sewing away on my quillows.  He's taken to doing this occasionally since we're both working at home the past few weeks and when he fixes himself a cup of russian tea, he'll usually bring me a cup of green tea - without being asked!  Sometimes I really am not in the mood for tea, but I'll never tell him that!  I would never want to discourage such a sweet gesture - EVER!

So, I am enjoying my tea while I write this, and thanking God for the gift of my husband!


Last night I baked the Earthquake Cake that Rae Ann shared on her blog.  My husband said that it registered a 10.0 on his Richter Scale!!!  It was delicious!  Thanks, Rae Ann!!  If you get a hankerin' for a good, gooey, surprise-filled chocolate cake, visit her blog and try it out!

Well, I'm headed back to my sewing room to work on some more custom quillows....the orders are piling up for the holidays...another thing for me to be thankful for!!


2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Jenn, I am so happy that you tried the cake and that your husband liked it so well! It is also my husband's favorite. I get calls all the time from family and friends asking me to make them one. Whenever we go to a potluck dinner, they ask me to bring earthquake cake. Thanks for posting it on your blog and all your kind words. By the way, your cake looked so good!

Red Shoes for Rwanda said...

WHAT is THAT!?!? AND HOW do you stay so trim with all these goodies?!?!? :)
I tried her blog but couldn't find the recipe. Can you post it?
Thanks! I guess I was sick the day my mom taught cake baking/decorating, because these are THEE only cakes I can do....not like Shannon!!!!! :)
Oh well..... Thanks Jenn! xxoo

Related Posts with Thumbnails