Monday, November 23, 2009

Something for ME!

I make stuff....lots of stuff....but I don't keep any of that stuff!....until now.


Just this year I have made and sold over 120 quillows and lots of other little things (you can see it all in my shop), and I've never made myself a quillow, nor anyone in my family!  I'm much too frugal, always thinking that I need to sell everything to earn my keep.  Besides, we all have too much junk anyway and the last thing we need around here is another blanket!  But, I wanted to try "pebble" quilting and I wanted to use up some of my scraps so, I finally made something for me!


I started this quilt when amanda jean invited everyone to her quilt along to make a scrappy nine patch quilt with her and I quickly jumped on board.  I've been working on mine over the weekends, when I like to work on "fun" things and not necessarily "work" items.


I was determined yesterday to finish the machine quilting and by the time I was done, I was convinced that I was NOT a machine quilter!!  I still feel like I struggle with moving the quilt around smoothly, so I think I'll limit my machine quilting to baby quilts and smaller lap quilts.  This one was 62" x 68" and it just got too big for me.  My fingers and my back ached from wrestling with it, so I was glad to be done.
Once I got it bound and tossed in the dryer for a good wrinkle-up, I fell in love with it!  I may not love to machine quilt, but I LOVE scrappy quilts!


After I finished that one, I dreamed up this top for a new patchwork quillow to add to my shop.


I'm having trouble thinking of a good name for it, so maybe y'all out there in blogland could help me out.


Any suggestions?  I keep throwing around the words 'rainbow', 'jewels', 'diamonds' but can't come up with something that doesn't sound dorky.  Anyone....?  Anyone...?


2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

Jenn,

Your 9 patch quilt turned out beautifully! I'm so glad you made something for you to keep for yourself. That is a large quilt to pebble quilt!!! Thanks for quilting along with me.

Red Shoes for Rwanda said...

THAT is amazing! I am so proud (and slightly jealous!) of you and your talent :)
xxoo

Related Posts with Thumbnails