Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I survived

Awww...it wasn't so bad after all!  The Ramen noodles, that is.  I survived the first night of Ramen Week....phew!  Three more days to go....(Friday is STILL pizza nite - YAY! - and there won't be any noodles on my pizza)
 
We had what my husband called "sexy" noodles!  I used a couple of banana peppers from the garden - one had ripened quite a bit on the vine which turned it a pretty red color and gave it a sweet taste.
 
Also adding some garlic and scallions, gave it a bit of zest.
 
Then I pan seared a nice sized pork chop, cut it up and mixed it all together with the noodles and seasoning and there you have it....Sexy Pork Ramen!!
 
 
 
I hope I didn't scare you too much with that last picture...
 
Tonight we're going for the chicken and the noodles are a picante flavor so I'll have to see what I can come up with for that!  ;)
I also want to make some banana bread with a new recipe I got from my blogging friend, Trish (aka Tricia Anne - hardehar- OK, in exchange you can call me Jenny Lynn)
I'm putting together a package to send to my daughters and they might find some banana bread in it!  :)
 
In my sewing world, I have had a lot of orders for this cute little owl pinafore set
 
which left me with a bunch of scraps that I really didn't know what to do with and I truly hate having wasted fabric....so I thought that since it was such a popular print, I ought to make a baby quilt out of it.
 
I found about 5 different fabrics that coordinate with the colors in the owls.
Then I cut charm squares from the owl scraps, and bordered each with 2" strips of the coordinating fabrics
 
Sew them all together and this is what you get!
 
I listed it in my etsy shop and it was gone in a few days!  I even have more scraps to do it again.
 
 
 
Photobucket 
 
 

4 comments:

Larri said...

Your Ramen looks fabulous! It almost makes me want some. LOL I have that fabric in the lavendar and pink! Where did you find the owl print? It's darling! I think LittleGirl would love it too. Happy Sewing! :o)

trish said...

Ok there Miss Jenny Lynn! :o) You are making me hungry with those "sexy ramen noodles" ha ha ha! :o) Girl, you are going to be craving your pizza by the time Friday rolls around. Just kidding! :o) Seriously, those noodles really do look good.
I hope you all love the bread. I may actually be making some myself, in a couple of days, if no one eats some of these bananas. Either that or I will start flying around like a monkey, because I ate them all myself! :o) Your quilt is absolutely adorable!! What a sweet print! :o)
Sincerely ~ "Tricia Anne" ;o) y'all

Shay said...

That's one seriously cute quilt.

I'm sorry - but I cant come to the party on ramen noodle week. I dont even know if you can get Ramen noodles here but they look like two minute noodles and frankly 2 min noodles are pretty much the most disgusting things ever.

Love Of Quilts said...

What a cute quilt. Trish

Related Posts with Thumbnails