Monday, August 23, 2010

The things we do for love

Every so often my husband asks me "when are we gonna have Ramen Week?"
Ugh....
He is 10 years older than me and grew up in a house without ramen noodles.  Nor was he a starving college student thriving on the 10-cent-a-pack meal marvel.  I imagine his first taste of those fatty noodles was long after marriage.
Anyway, he craves them so I must treat him at least once a year.
So, you guessed it....this is Ramen Week!!
 
I try to jazz them up a bit with meat and vegetables mixed in, sort of like a chinese noodle dish.
Tonight we'll be doing the pork version....can't wait....
 
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

trish said...

Bless your heart! :o) Many a student went through school surviving on those noodles! :o) I know I ate my fair share while living on my own in the younger years. :o)
I like to crack an egg over the seasoned noodles right before I take them out of the pot. It poaches it and is yu-mmy!
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Larri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larri said...

had to laugh when I read your post. :o) Those days when I worked part time, went to school full time, all while living in my 1st apartment were my skinniest days. I would walk down to the grocery and buy a week's worth of Ramen and Dr. Pepper for about $10. The only time I had a decent meal was when my future-husband took me out on a date. I accepted everytime! LOL Enjoy your week. Maybe add some grilled chicken? ;o)

Pokey said...

It's not so bad, Jenn! They have a good taste if you don't overcook them, and they are yummy in a vegetable stirfry! Or, that chinese cabbage slaw. Let me know if you want my recipes....
:-}pokey

Related Posts with Thumbnails