Friday, May 7, 2010

In need of a good name...

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to blog, and even now I'm on borrowed time, so this will just be a quickie...

I've been working long hours on the construction project but I wanted to sneak away and link up with amylouwho's sew-n-tell Friday!  Congrats to her on the birth of her beautiful new baby girl!!

Remember this stack of fabric?


Well, I've been mulling around a design in my head about what I wanted to do with it, and I kept coming back to a log cabin style design.


Naturally, it became a quillow!


I wanted a coordinating print to go with the solids and stumbled upon this one which had every color and then some orange.


I like to name my quillows and the word "citrus" kept coming to mind with this one.  I'm not sure I like it, but I can't help think of summer and citrus fruits - lemon, lime, grapefruit - whenever I see these colors.

Can you help me think of a better name than just plain old "Citrus"?

All that's left now is some hand quilting and it's ready for the quillow shop.

Speaking of shops - don't forget that my Mother's Day sale is still going at my Etsy shop - 20% off EVERYTHING in stock!  Sale ends Sunday.


So, I'll leave you with a rosebud from my garden - Happy Mother's Day!


11 comments:

a little bit of everything said...

Your work is just lovely. Only name I could come up with is "harlequin"....

Jan said...

Citrus is good; I like "Summer" better. BTW, these are beautiful.

sewtakeahike said...

Cute Jenn! ok, how about daisy days?

Dayna said...

Citrus is very fitting! A quillow is one of those things I've wanted to make for each of our children for our many road trips, but they're growing so quickly that I despair of ever getting around to it. Yours is very cheery!

Pokey said...

It's cheery and fun, and your pattern choice was perfect! It looks like rainbow sherbet to me, swirled into the carton. Mmm-m.
Happy Mother's Day, my friend! Life is a bit busy over here, too.

Love Of Quilts said...

Citrusy or
CITRUSY LOG CABIN OR
Citrusy Quillow

Kathleen said...

Can't think of a name but it's a LOVELY quillow!

Carla said...

How yummy! What about a "A bowl of sorbet" for a name?

beth said...

Love your quilt!! Isn't it fun to find the PERFECT border after the fact? You did it!

QuiltyBee said...

Love this variation on the log cabin block!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I think Citrus is perfect. I love the colors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails