Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Painting Begins....

I'm finally starting to enjoy the work at the construction project.  Probably because now we're into something I can handle ~ painting!!!  It's a girl thing, right?  You might agree with me that painting is 80% prep work and then only 20% of the easy "rolling" work.  It takes a while to gather all your materials and necessary supplies before you begin painting, but it's well worth the effort to get everything within reach so you don't have to go running for a drop cloth or green tape with a wet paintbrush dripping down your arm!

I spent most of last week priming the trim for the house.....baseboards, door casing, window sills, crown moulding, etc....

There's SO MUCH of it!!  The pile just seemed endless!  You don't realize how much of this is in your house until you have to paint it - - piece by piece!

Bill set me up outside the garage on a bunch of ladders.  It was nice to work where I didn't have to worry about drips or spills.  I can be a messy painter when I'm in a hurry!

Uncle Harold (aka "Jorge") took on the task of sanding each piece after it was dry.

And we did it all outside in 90°+ weather!!!  I have a nice tan to show for it, though!  :)

Here's our completed stack...


After two days of this, I told Bill I didn't want to paint anymore, but alas, it was just beginning!  At least now I get to move indoors and work in the shade!

3 comments:

a little bit of everything said...

Amazing. You have way more energy than I! The whole project of building the house is daunting !! It will certainly be a house you can be proud of.

Love Of Quilts said...

Your right about painting being a woman's thing but I don't know about being outside in 90 degree weather...I would probably have passed on it or passed out in it.lol
If it were my living...I would do just what you are doing since it is a partnership. Trish

Shay said...

I totally hear you sister. I was feeling like we'd bitten off more than we could chew with simple kitchen and laundry renovations back to back , and then I came over here!

I'm going to enjoy watching your project unfold because I;m sure it will make me feel so much better about ours.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commetning. I;m looking forward to getting to know you better through particpating in Snowball Night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails