Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Colors

Oswald and I enjoyed a nice quiet morning on the back porch swing.

If you don't have this book, I highly recommend looking into getting a copy.  It may have been written in the early 1900s, but I find that it still applies to my life today!  It is amazing!

My hydrangeas are in full bloom and are absolutely gorgeous!

Shades range from bluish purple to pink - I LOVE them!!

Anyway, I decided a little quilt sketching was in order.  Since today is Memorial Day, red white and blue should be the colors of the day.

Last year, I participated in Jane's Red and Aqua Swap and turned out one project from the resulting blocks.

I called this my Red and Aqua Windowpane Quillow.

I sold it at my first craft show this year in March, so it has a new home now.

Anyway, I have about half my blocks left and wanted to do another project.  So, I got out my graph paper, colored pencils and such and got started.

Right off the bat, my red pencil broke and since I was too lazy to go back inside to sharpen it, I just used the nub the grind out some color.

So, forgive me for the rough sketch - I tend to get excited and get in a hurry!
I decided to use the original 4 patch blocks (made from a larger 9 patch block) and added a modified snowball block strategically placed (I don't really know what else to call it - white square with triangle pieces on two opposite sides)...


Whaddya think?






Remembering you...

2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Hydrangeas are really pretty...I made a picture of hubby hydrangea yesterday I need to post it.The quilt is gooding to be really, really pretty with all the white in it. God Bless Trish

trish said...

I absolutely LOVE Oswald Chambers. Could you just imagine sitting in his congregation? His words are so thought provoking and I end up pondering them for a long time. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Ps. I am a southern transplant too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails