Thursday, July 7, 2011

My husband knows me too well

...to a “T” (what does that mean anyway?)

After the wild horse adventure yesterday, my husband and I were sitting on the front porch, having our morning coffee, and I saw a ‘lump’ out in the distance of the front yard.  I mentioned that I wondered if the horses left some ‘stuff’ out in the field and if that was evidence.  He said he hoped not because he had to bush hog the front field this week and didn’t really want to be tossing horse piles around with his tractor.

So, I told him later that it definitely was some ‘stuff’ out there and you know what he said?....

“Well, did you clean it up or did you just take a picture of it and put it on your blog?”

He knows me well.

~~~~~~~
Been thinking lately...
I admire the ladies out there that have time to blog, posting tutorials and such, turn out lots of projects, post recipes, decorate their houses AND raise small children - all at the same time.  I go in phases of being willing and able to spend time just blogging about my boring life.  It’s tough.


Last week when I was loaded down, both physically and emotionally, I lay there thinking of all the things I was stressing about.  So many little things added up to just break me down.    I wondered why….
my three, circa 1994...?

And then, my husband reminded me that I used to sew, work a full-time job AND raise 3 children!  I am so glad that part of my life is over.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my children, but I did my time – 18+ year’s worth in a blended family!  I honestly don’t think I could handle it now.


taken shortly after we married, 1993

So, hats off to those of you in blog land that quilt, sew, decorate, cook and raise children – I will never underestimate you and I love to read your blogs and be inspired by all you create!!!
And, in case you haven't heard, Sew Fabulous Quilt Shop is giving away a Farm Fresh fat quarter bundle!


Be sure to stop by and check it out!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pokey said...

...knows you and loves you, lol! No incrimination, Jenn, I'm sure.
Life goes through seasons, we may not be wiping noses anymore, but we can call our kids friend, now. We still worry over them, and want to hear about their issues, right? I agree, there is a change in responsibility. I do not feel up to the every minute demand of children, but we were younger, with different energy, huh?
I'm hoping you have a good day, sweetie! Walk around the pile, not in it, lol....
:-}pokey

Related Posts with Thumbnails