Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The View from the Top

See this wall...

This wall needs to have the siding installed up to the gable - way up high at the tippy-topmost point...


that was my job today.


Here's what it looks like from the top of a 30 foot ladder...

This was my view as I helped my husband install the vinyl siding on the house we're building (to sell, that is).


There is an identical side on the opposite end of this house and it, too, needed the siding installed up to the gable....sigh



My feet got real sore and tired from standing on 2 inches of ribbed aluminum, waiting for the next piece of siding (usually around 10' long and sometimes up to 12' long) to be cut properly and then hoisted up with a rope where I juggled it, the nails and my hammer as I attempted to fasten it to the wall while clinging to it with every cell of my body.


Bill took this picture with his phone while he stood on level ground.

I think he was trying to look up my shorts.


We've been working on the siding for almost 4 weeks now and there's still lots to do, even though the average person can't tell if they saw the house from a distance....and it's the real yucky parts, too....soffit and metal around all the eaves (more really high stuff).



Hopefully, we can wrap up the exterior work by next week and move on to happier things like painting and interior trim!


Luckily, I get to spend the day home tomorrow...sewing!


We're preparing for a craft show up in York and I've got plenty to do to get ready. Hopefully we won't get rained out, though there's a chance for some thunderstorms on Saturday.


I've been dreaming up a Christmas version of this mystery quilt that I did earlier this year.

It's called Rose Trellis, but I can just imagine it with reds and greens arranged just so to look like poinsettias in bloom, can't you?

>^..^<~
Jenn

1 comment:

Annette said...

You are one brave woman! You also do very nice work on the house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails