Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Superhero

Saturday is usually laundry day at our house. This is a quilt I made for my husband last year. It is a replica of a quilt his Granny made, but hers was so badly deteriorated that I actually encased her old quilt in this quilt!


Anyway, it needed to be washed so I decided now was a good time to finally take a picture of it - especially before it went into the washing machine, because I really didn't know if the red sashing was going to bleed or not. It didn't and as soon as it was out of the dryer, Bill had it back on and headed downstairs to settle in for a movie.


"Here, Jennifer, hold it while I get into position."

"Okay, but I don't want to be in the picture!"


"SHAZAM!"

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

^..^~
Jenn

2 comments:

Annette said...

I love this quilt and its story. I can tell your husband does too.

Purple and Paisley said...

what a fun hubby! and how special that you encased his grandma's quilt in the replica...awesome...☺

Related Posts with Thumbnails