Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Tale of Two Aprons

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating our oldest daughter's 26th birthday.  We had a tasty Italian dinner, followed by a rousing game of Cranium



Then, of course, there was the singing and the candle-blowing, before diving into a peanut butter cheesecake.


And, finally, the gift opening.  I have mentioned secretly in some of my previous posts that I was making an apron for a special "friend" that is beginning to enjoy cooking.


Well, that "friend" is my daughter!  I was so sure she would love the apron design and the colors.  Last week I started cutting out several aprons to sew and place in my shop.  I liked the fabrics on one particular one the best so I decided to sew it up right away.  Once I finished, I placed it on my "model" to admire for a few days.


My daughter told me she "admired" it too!
So, back to the birthday party, she opens her present - the apron.
She doesn't really like it that much....says she likes the one on my model much better....can we trade?
Why not!?  I want her to use it and if she doesn't like it, she won't use it!  Simple as that!  It didn't take her long to don it and ask me to take a picture!


She's happy so I'm happy!

Speaking of happy....Happy Birthday, dear daughter!  I love you!!! 



2 comments:

Red Shoes for Rwanda said...

I love how close you and your daughter have become. She looks so young! Love the apron! You are amazing! Looks like you all had fun. I need your pbccake recipe.
xxoo

Love Of Quilts said...

I liked the first apron but the other one was pretty.Wish someone would make me one.Guess that would have to be me.Where do you get your patterns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails