Monday, April 12, 2010

Thankful...

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I was suddenly overwhelmed with thanks for my husband.  No, he didn't do anything fabulous like buy me flowers or promise to whisk me away on a cruise ship (although that would definitely be nice!)

He made coffee.  He does this every evening before going to bed.

I'm thankful for this little thing - it's just one more little thing that I don't have to do!

So, I decided that I needed to tell him how I felt.

I stopped him in his tracks as he was heading into the bathroom, put my arms around his neck and said how thankful I was for his coffee-making every night and then I planted a big, fat kiss on him.

I think he liked that.

Too often we lose sight of the little things our family members do for us and they often go unrecognized and unappreciated - at least verbally.  I think it's important to genuinely show appreciation more often for those little things that make our lives pleasant.

So, give it a try - think of something one of your friends or family members does for you on a regular basis and then look them in the face and thank them!!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails