Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scrappy Love and Funky Grits

Scrappy Love for Terry


I started cutting out my squares for the red and aqua disappearing nine patch block swap.

I have a couple fabrics that have a dark aqua color in them and I'm not sure if they're acceptable. I'll wait and see what some of the pictures look like when Jane starts posting the blocks as she receives them.

We like to have breakfast for Thursday night dinner and last night's meal was one of my favorite breakfast dishes. I was born and raised in Montana and grew up eating Malt-o-Meal and Cream of Wheat, but never grits. I've been in the south now for over 17 years and I still don't like grits...but I LOOOOOOOVE Funky Grits! It's a mixture of sausage, grits, cheese, veggies, etc....all cooked up together.

I like to serve it with eggs and biscuits ~ a real rib-sticking meal!

Give it a try sometime,you might like it!

Funky Grits

1 cup uncooked grits (cook these per package instructions)
1 pound pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup diced green celery
1 10-oz. can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
8 oz. package sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp. pimento, diced fine
salt & pepper to taste

Cook grits according to package instructions.
Brown sausage and drain well. Mix in onion, green pepper and celery. Saute until tender.
Mix sausage and veggies with cooked grits, soup and cheese.

ENJOY!

Happy Friday, everyone! >^..^<~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails